veterans benefits Unclaimed Assets: Money The Government Owes You!
Veterans Benefits and Military Back Pay
veteran benefit

Unclaimed Veteran Benefits Search

Veterans benefits due military personnel frequently go unclaimed. Often overlooked are disabled veteran payments, veteran death benefits and burial allowances, veteran life insurance, and military back pay. The Army, Navy, Marines and Air Force also provide safekeeping of US Savings Bonds for service members, a great many of which go unclaimed and unredeemed after separation For assistance with savings bonds go to: Savings Bond Search.

Former servicemen and heirs may also be entitled to Adjusted Service Bonds (ASB) and Armed Forces Leave Bonds (AFLB), issued as compensation for accumulated but unused military leave.

The National Personnel Records Center / Military Personnel Records (NPRC-MPR) provides DD-214's and other separation documents that are required to process most types of claims, including those for burial assistance, pensions and life insurance. Pursuant to the Privacy Act of 1974, the Department of Defense requires that all requests for information be made in writing. They must be dated and signed, as well. Standard Form 180, "Request Pertaining to Military Records," can be downloaded from the NPRC website:

An unclaimed veteran benefit will not show up in a search of sate unclaimed property databases, as it is an obligation of the Federal government. For assistance with benefits due veterans, including disability payments, burial allowances and life insurance, contact the Veterans Benefits Administration, Department of Veterans Affairs, 1120 Vermont Avenue NW, Washington, D.C. 20421.

To search the Veterans Unclaimed Insurance Funds database, which includes death awards, dividend checks and premium refunds owed to missing current and former policyholders or beneficiaries arising from United States Government Life, National Service Life Insurance, Veterans Special Life Insurance, Veterans Reopened Insurance, and Service-Disabled Veterans Life programs (not SGLI or VGLI) go to:

Service members or beneficiaries who believe they may be entitled to unclaimed SGLI or VGLI should contact the Office of Servicemembers' Group Life Insurance (OSGLI) at: Office of Servicemembers' Group Life Insurance (OSGLI), 290 West Mt. Pleasant Avenue, Livingston, New Jersey 07039 (800) 419-1473.

*** For information on locating life insurance policies issued by non-government life insurance underwriters go to: Unclaimed Life Insurance Search

Note: The 2009 War Supplemental Appropriations Act authorized special pay of $500 for every month served in stop loss status. 80,000 veterans & beneficiaries are eligible to claim an average benefit of $3,700. Military Stop Loss Pay

1996 - 2013 National Unclaimed Property Associates - Copyright strictly enforced. We are not affiliated with any other agency or organization!